Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lately

Wow! It has been almost two months since I last blogged. I am sorry!

A lot of really good things are happening right now. I am teaching my second round of Let's Start Talking. The study that we read from comes from the book of Luke. Each lesson has one part of a chapter. First my students read the chapter, then answer questions, and we discuss the reading. Some of my students know some history of the Bible and so understand the dialogue of the stories. Others are not familiar with the stories in Luke, nor are they familiar with the Old Testament references. Many times my students ask very challenging questions about the text and so I have to be well prepared for each class. I like this because it has given me the opportunity to study and understand the book of Luke in more detail than I have before. Most of my students are very open to discussing the text in the lessons which is really great.

One of my favorite recent blessings that God has given me is my roommate. Her name is Luciana and she is from Peru. Luciana and my other friend Ashley are looking for their own apartment. Finding an apartment to rent in Buenos Aires is very challenging and so Lu is staying with me until they find one. It has been really nice sharing life with Lu. She is a very fun and spunky girl and we laugh a lot together.

I have also been doing some babysitting. Some friends of J&K are in need of some extra help with their kids because the wife was pregnant and on bed rest. The family has 2 children (now 3 children), all under the age of 2 years. I go to their house and watch the kids with their grandmother. This has been a very interesting and good experience.

God has blessed me with some really great friends here. I am really enjoying spending time with the youth groups at two of the local churches, as well as with other friends that I have met throughout my time here. Living in such a big city means that there is always something exciting going on. For example, a couple of weeks ago I "tried" to go with some of my friends to see one of the world's most famous tenor singers, Placido Domingo. I say "tried" because I went late, and the crowd was so crazy that I couldn't find my friends and so after a few minutes I decided to go home :). With the rest of my time here I really hope to continue getting to know, understand, and enjoy friends.

Well, there is a lot more that I could blog about but I think that I will stop here for tonight. Hopefully later this week I will write more. Thank you again for all of your prayers and support!


No comments:

Post a Comment