Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Saying "Chau"

The last month has been very full. For various reasons I have decided to go back home to Texas on May 16th. Making the decision of when to go back home was very difficult. Thankfully, when I decided on a date and booked the tickets I felt peace. My time here has been a great learning experience and now it is time for me to go home.

A few weeks ago my parents came to visit. Seeing them for the first time in 7 months was very exciting. It was so nice to be able to give them hugs! Their visit was great for so many reasons. We met most of my close friends, ate my favorite foods, and I showed them MY grocery store.

Their visit was also very nice because it helped me start to gain perspective on my time here. All week we stuffed in visiting people, and they still didn't meet many of my GOOD friends. God has given me so many friends here that have taught me a lot about life and about Him. He also has given me lots of different types of friends. This has helped me to be able to relate and connect better with a wide range of people. I feel like now it will be easier for me to be in relationships with people who I don't have very much in common with. This will benefit me in future professional and personal relationships.

As of right now, I have two weeks left in Argentina. This weekend I am traveling to Iguazu Falls with Ashley and our new friend Bettina. After that I will be saying goodbye to friends, and getting ready to go. Monday was my birthday. I spent the day with my three best friends in Argentina. Honestly, it was kind of a hard day because it was the first day that it hit me that I am leaving. Then last night I had a birthday party with some of my friends and it hit me even harder. Although I do feel ready to go home, I wish that I didn't have to leave my friends. In just 8 months I have made friends that I love so much. It is going to be really hard to leave them. Luckily, we have Skype, email, and Facebook to stay connected.

So far I do not have exact plans of what I will do next. I have interviewed for a children's ministry job that I would like very much. At the end of May I will find out if I have that job. If this is not God's plan then I will be spending some time at home, praying and applying for jobs. I would really appreciate your prayers as I make the next step.

God has shown me that He is faithful and loving. He takes care of us even when we don't remember that He is there. He forgives us, loves us, and teaches us constantly. He is a perfect God.

Los quiero mucho!

Amigas from home church
Eating ice cream on my birthday!

Some of the kids from my birthday party, I made everyone tacos :)

1 comment:

  1. adurey, im mariana. i love u so much, and thanks for all good luck for your travel. blessings!!

    ReplyDelete