Thursday, November 3, 2011

Family and Friends in Costa Rica

Some of the greatest parts about living in Costa Rica have been the people! For the first 7 weeks of my time in CR I lived with a Costa Rican family. Those weeks were very blessed. I had a Tico mom, 2 sisters, a brother, and nephew. They were always willing to help me with Spanish and to spend time with me. We had a lot of fun together! On Costa Rican’s Independence Day they took me to the parades, we went to see the main Catholic Church, and we went on a day trip we went to see a Volcano.

For the last few weeks I am living with an American family. This has been such a great time. They have really blessed me. I met them at school and they offered for me to stay with them. After they are done with school they are going to move to work as missionaries in Uruguay. They have four active children who are really fun to spend time with. The husband and wife are great people of faith and have been awesome mentors for me. I really respect them and how they live their lives for Christ. Their family has treated me with love, like I am a member of their family. It has been so nice to come home from volunteering and hang out with them each night.

God has also blessed me with awesome friends my own age. Through school I have become good friends with a group of girls. We are all around the same age and are in about the same places in our lives. We each came to serve Christ here in Costa Rica. All of the girls have great hearts and I have absolutely loved my time with them. Each week we attend a Bible study every week and hang out together often. They have become my best friends in such a short time and I am really sad to leave them!

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus…” Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment